Flossing vs Floss Picks Which Should You Use?

Teeth grinding

Most Americans are used to brushing their teeth at least once a day, and are aware of how important dental health is to the rest of overall health — however, flossing is the area that most people find very difficult to keep up with. Gingivitis, an early stage of gum disease, and advanced gum disease affect more than 75% of the U.S. population, and one of the easiest and fasted ways to prevent this or ward it away is by flossing. No matter how many times your dental hygienist reprimands you, chances are that it’s still hard to remember to do and harder still to implement.

Oral hygiene is important for parents to pass onto their children as well — you should be flossing your child?s teeth as soon as he or she has two teeth that touch. One way that some people have made it easier for themselves to floss more often is by using floss picks. Check out a review of traditional floss picks vs floss below:

Traditional Floss
Traditional floss has withstood the test of time and many studies, which have found that it is proven to remove food particles, bacteria, and plaque in between teeth. The thing about flossing, however, is that it ultimately depends on the person doing it. It can be especially hard for people who have limited use of their hands or fingers, and it can be very complicated to properly floss the molars all the way in the back of the mouth.

Floss Picks
Floss picks have become increasingly more popular lately because they are so easy to use, especially comparatively. Since it is so much simpler to floss in this way, many people are more motivated to actually do it every time they brush their teeth. For some people however, it might be harder to get the floss threaded through your teeth.

Brushing only cleans about 70% of your teeth, while flossing takes care of the other 30%, so whether you chose floss picks vs floss, it is of the utmost importance to get the gunk out from in-between your teeth and close to your gums where they are likely to cause some serious damage.

Leave a Reply

Related Post

Copyright © All Rights Reserved. American Dental Care

Follow by Email