Cavities are a big problem for people around the world. It has been estimated that anywhere between 60% to 90% of children who are school-age have cavities around the globe. That number jumps to 100% when you talk about adults. In 2014, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 83% of kids in the United States went to the dentist. During that same year, nearly 62% of adults did the same thing. If you do not have a dentist and are looking for the best dentist in Miami, there are some things you can do. Despite the fact that a full 94% of people who live in Florida say they think it is important to have regular appointments with a dentist, most of them do not go every six months as recommended. if you need to find a new dentist, these tips can help:
- Talk to people you know. The best way to get good products or services is to get advice from the people you know and trust. In the best case, you will ask your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, and anyone else you trust, “Who is the best dentist in Miami?” and more than one will give you the same name. This is a great way for you to find the right dental practice for you and your family.
- Look online. Do an online search. You can use a search engine to look up “dentist near me” or “best dentist in Miami.” It is always a good idea when looking for so-called “brick and mortar” businesses like dental offices, restaurants, or other local businesses to use the name of the area where you are looking. This can help you narrow your search to a family dentist near where you live.
- Talk to your doctor. People often separate dental health from physical health and that is a mistake. How healthy your mouth is can have a very direct impact on how healthy your body is. Accordingly, it is always a good idea to keep your doctor up to date on any major dental work you are having done. Your personal physician can also be a great resource for finding a good dentist in your area. If the doctor does not know, their staff may have some ideas. Also, if you are looking for a good pediatric dentist, talking this over with your pediatrician can give you a lot of insight into the dentists in your area.
- Talk to your insurance carrier. Call the provider of your dental insurance, if you have it. Often dental insurance carriers will require participants in the plan pick a dental office that is in their network of providers. They can help you search for a dentist by location, languages spoken, and other criteria you select. They may also be able to give you more information about the provider they work with.
- Talk to a few dental offices. Take some time to talk to a few dental offices. If your big concern is that you are afraid of the dentist, as many people in the United States are, go in and have a chat with the dentist and the staff and make your concerns known to them. You are not the first person they have worked with to have concerns about going in for dental appointments. The best dentist in Miami is the dentist that makes you feel comfortable enough to go in as recommended and get the dental treatments you need.
- Consider how hard it is to get to the offices. Even the best dentist in Miami will really not be able to help you if you have no way to get to their office or if they have hours that do not work well with your own. Convenience should not be the only factor in selecting a new dentist but it should be one of the factors.
Finding the right dentist for you and your family is an important task. Having a healthy and happy smile can have a big impact on your life. At least 94% of people in the United States believe that having a good looking smile is important to their social and romantic life.